Free tools supporting panning / zooming:
Free tools without built in pan / zoom support:
Paid tools with built in pan / zoom support:
- Visiblox Charts (Discontinued). Support for the most important 2D charts, comes with zooming and panning. The free version comes with watermark. (See this blog post on using zooming / panning)
- SciChart WPF. Supports DirectX accelerated 2D & 3D charts, comes with zooming and panning, mouse-wheel with animation on zoom. (See this blog post on using zooming / panning across multiple charts)
- Infragistics xamDataChart. Supports most important 2D charts, zooming and panning. See this blog article on how to use zooming.
- Telerik RadChart. Supports lots of 2D charts, has some support for zooming and panning, you might need to do a little work on that.
- Visifire. Supports lots of 2D charts and zooming without animation, might need to do some extra work for smoother zooming.(This service is no longer available)
- DevExpress ChartControl. Supports most common 2D Series types, zooming and panning (scrolling) operations can be performed using the mouse, keyboard, and touch gestures.
- Syncfusion SfChart. Supports many 2D series types and provides the interactive zooming feature that supports the touch mode. Various zoom types are supported (mouse wheel, pinch, selection).
Full Disclosure: I have been heavily involved in development of Visiblox, hence I know that library in much more detail than the others.